North American Switchgear, Inc. is looking for a full-time Facilities Manager for our westside Cleveland locations. Excellent pay, health and retirement benefits are included.
The Facilities Manager at North American Switchgear, Inc. (NAS) is responsible for maintaining over 380,000 sqft of warehouse, grounds, service shop and office space spread over two separate business locations. This employee manages a small team and works closely with NAS leadership to identify facility issues, recommends solutions and implements maintenance strategies. The Facilities Manager will have strong leadership and communication abilities along with a confident working knowledge of multiple skilled trades. The successful candidate will be open to new challenges, have a self-starting /self-motivating attitude and the ability to keep the Company’s best interests at the forefront of all decisions.
Duties & Responsibilities
Include but are not limited to:
· Adhering to OSHA rules and regulations
· Detects current or potential issues and can identify root causes within plumbing, electrical, fire, mechanical or other building systems.
· Makes recommendations for repair, maintenance or replacement using internal or contracted labor. Proposed solutions should include multiple options and cost/benefits of each.
· Seeks out multiple quotes from contractors when outside labor is recommended
· Works closely with purchasing department when ordering supplies or parts – evaluates & recommends cost saving solutions.
· Oversees / coordinates contracted laborers. Provides safety and NAS policy oversight.
· Involved with outside inspections (e.g. fire system, OSHA, paint booth, etc..) and responsible for implementing any recommended changes
· Follows the NAS Maintenance Calendar which includes daily, weekly, monthly and annual checks. Continually adds to this calendar as new tasks emerge.
· Responsible for preparing the buildings for cold and warm weather months. This includes frequent heater, heat-tape and thermal imaging checks in winter.
· Maintaining security cameras – keeping them focused and cleared of obstructions. Investigating video footage if there is a suspected incident
· Delegates and oversees regular ground maintenance (i.e. snow plowing, weed control) and janitorial tasks.
· MMay be involved in special projects
· Prior experience in building maintenance is highly desired. At minimum, a working knowledge in multiple skilled trades is a must as this position requires identifying issues and root causes across many areas such as roofing, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, masonry and other building systems
· Basic computer skills such as the ability to email and using the internet for research are mandatory. These skills in addition to proficient use of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) is preferred
· Experience operating lift trucks, bobcats and other warehouse type motor operated vehicles is preferred
· Must have excellent mechanical and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work successfully in an unstructured environment, be a self-starter and self-motivator
· Must be able to formulate and communicate ideas for repair, replacement or maintenance procedures to executive leadership.
· Good interpersonal skills required. Prior employee management experience is desired.
· Physical requirements include:
The ability to lift, push, pull or carry 50 lbs.; more with assistance
The ability to squat, bend, reach and climb
· The candidate should be comfortable with heights as being hoisted up on a scissor lift/inside a man-basket, climbing a ladder or inspecting the roof is common.
· Adheres to regular, punctual attendance.
· Valid driver’s license is mandatory.
· If considered, a background check will be performed prior to start date.