Circuit Breaker Tech
North American Switchgear, Inc., a Westside Cleveland company, is seeking a mechanically inclined person for our Circuit Breaker Technician position. The primary function of a Circuit Breaker Technician at NAS, Inc. is to troubleshoot, repair, recondition and retrofit industrial low and medium voltage (480VAC to 15 kV) circuit breakers.
· Work on low and medium voltage, primarily air type, circuit breakers from major manufacturers such as GE, ITE/ABB, Westinghouse, Square-D, Siemens, Allis Chalmers and Cutler Hammer.
· Disassemble equipment to its smallest component, inspect thoroughly, recondition each part to “like new” condition and reassemble including any required wiring and upgrade kits
· Troubleshoot circuit breakers and repair as needed
· Perform circuit breaker tests including Megger, Ductor, Primary Injection and Hi-Pot to ensure appropriate function
· Minimum 2 years experience preferred
· Requires at minimum a high school diploma; trade school or college degree preferred
· Must possess excellent mechanical skills
· Ability to understand schematics and wiring diagrams preferred
· Previous experience with electrical testing equipment preferred
· Must have demonstrated troubleshooting and problem solving skills
· Ability to produce consistent, quality work within set deadlines